Sunday, November 11, 2007

there is no greater love than my love for my family

family photographs passed down to me. my grandfather took a lot of photographs during world war II while he was mostly stationed in panama. no one else in my family knows the difference between a point and shoot and film, so i'd like to credit him with my interest in photography. all of these were scanned by mattbell, who is too good of a friend to me. thanks bro. if my apartment caught on fire, these would be what i would grab on my way out the door.

antique family photos
(the back of the print is a love poem my grandfather wrote for my grandmother on her birthday. "a lily for my love" is the title. talk about romantic. and please note the detail and focusing in this photograph, it is beyond amazing, it is beyond beautiful, it is beyond perfect.)

antique family prints
1940, panama

antique family prints
gramps on the left

antique family prints
probably the coolest portrait ever taken


antique family prints
back from the war (look at her smile!!)

shots my grandfather took:

antique family prints
my aunt ellie??

antique family prints
i dont know who they are, but that is one hell of a wedding portrait

antique family prints
my aunt roanie outside the beach house, point pleasant new jersey, circa 1950's or 1960's.. ish?

antique family prints

antique family prints
yeah, my grandmother is pretty much the most beautiful woman ever.

antique family prints

antique family prints

antique family prints
my aunt roanie again

1737282441_5c6979e041_b
apparently my grandma had a wild side... haha :)

antique family prints
that is my daddy!!

antique family prints
he's definitely the cool kid alright.

5 comments:

Ashley Garner said...

i love your family
your grandmother is such a bettie :)

Stephanie said...

This is the coolest thing ever! Seriously amazing. I wish I had other photographers in my family! Especially that far back, and with such awesome work!

Rebecca said...

That is awesome

Lanham said...

Very nice. I love looking at my old family photos too. Thanks for inspiring me to make my gran'ma a nice christmas present.

Carolyn de Berry Photography said...

Paige, these are really, really lovely. I've been going through old family photos at home, too, and it's pretty exciting to realize maybe you inherited something, eh? Way to get Matt to scan them all and have them accessible.